Learn more about Dr. Skolnikoff’s credentials and the holistic therapies he uses in helping you eliminate pain, improve digestion, increase your energy and improve all areas of your health.
About Dr. Skolnikoff
History and Education
Dr. Ilya Skolnikoff, a San Francisco native, lives and practices in San Rafael, California close to his family. With a father who is a psychiatrist and a brother who is a marriage and family therapist, he was drawn to the health professions.
Dr. Ilya became interested in chiropractic, acupuncture and healing in the early 90’s after having worked for an environmental and health company for many years. At that time he was suffering from burn out, toxicity, and poor dietary habits. Through work with environmental and health concerns, Dr. Ilya was able to meet numerous chiropractors and other health care professionals. He received chiropractic care that was so effective that his health and energy were completely restored. With this dramatic health improvement, he became fascinated with chiropractic. Dr. Ilya was also impressed with the level of health and happiness enjoyed by the chiropractors who treated him.
- U.C.L.A. (BFA)
- Cleveland College of Chiropractic
- New College of California
Southern California University of Health Sciences
- School Of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Los Angeles College of Chiropractic
Life Chiropractic College West (Doctor of Chiropractic)
On-going post-graduate training 1 or 2 weekends a month for the last 8 & 1/2 years:
- Sacro Occipital Technique
- Gonstead Technique
- Arno Burnier D.C.
- Dr. Janet Lange D.C.
- Dr. Datis Kharazzian D.C.
Philosophy and Modalities
5 Totally Distinct & Unique Cutting edge Diagnostic Systems of health care
Dr. Ilya Skolnikoff is a licensed chiropractor and a Diplomate of the International Board of Applied Kinesiology (DIBAK). The DIBAK Diplomate is the highest level of certification one can receive in the study of Applied Kinesiology. His professional interests lie in applying the principles of the Triad of Health to help people get the most out of their lives. In addition to his graduate school training, he has spent thousands of post graduate continuing education hours perfecting the following clinical skills:
- Professional Applied Kinesiology
- Total Kinesiology
- Behavioral Kinesiology
- Clinical Kinesiology
- Total Body Modification
Emotional Techniques such as:
Nutrition and Herbs:
- Neuro Emotional Technique,
- Emotional Recall Technique
- Encoded Memory Technique.
- Formal training in herbs and acupuncture at the College of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine in Southern California.
- Formal training with Kerry Bone and other instructors of MediHerb
- Various courses through Standard Process of Northern California and Apex Energetics
Unlike other doctors of chiropractic who believe that the patient must get adjusted several times per week to remain healthy, Dr. Skolnikoff believes that by balancing the function of the 650 muscles in the body, the 210 bones have a much better chance of staying aligned and therefore need less frequent adjustments. He believes that he is succeeding when the majority of his patients require treatment only once every month or so after the initial 3 to 4 visits.
- Applied Kinesiology (DIBAK)
- Dynamics of Total Body Modification
- CPR/BLS Health Care Provider
- BEST (Bio Energetic Synchronization Technique)
- A Touch For Health
- Member of the International College of Applied Kinesiology (ICAK)
- Member of the American Chiropractic Association (ACA)
- Member of SORSI (Sacral Occipital Research Society International)
- Member of SOTO-USA (Sacro Occipital Technique Organization)
- Continuing member of Gonstead Seminars